@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

Monday, November 21, 2011

Get in my belly: Mocha Chip Banana Muffins

I buy bananas that I know no one will eat just so I will have overripe bananas on hand to make these muffins.

I love this recipe because of the secret ingredient - espresso powder. It really sets off the chocolate and gives a depth to the muffins. It's hard to eat just one. (I got this recipe from Allrecipes.com.)

I also use a mix of semi-sweet and bittersweet chips.

If you have guests for Thanksgiving this year - these are great to have on hand.


Mocha Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

INGREDIENTS:
photo: GracesSweetLife.com
1 cup butter
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 egg
3 ripe bananas
1 tablespoon instant coffee granules (or espresso powder),
dissolved in
1 tablespoon water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips (we like using Ghirardelli's® Double Chocolate Chips - which are really just bittersweet chocolate).

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Blend butter or margarine, sugar, egg, banana, dissolved coffee, and vanilla in food processor for 2 minutes. Add flour, salt, baking powder, and soda, and blend just until flour disappears. Add chocolate chips and mix in with wooden spoon. Spoon mixture into 15 to 18 paper-lined muffin cups.

3. Bake for 25 minutes. Cool on wire racks.

1 comment:

  1. Your recipe makes my mouth water. I am going to print your recipe and give it a try for Christmas .

    ReplyDelete