This is a huge favorite at my house ... even my kiddos like the spicy goodness. The original recipe used heavy whipping cream, in the sauce (yum), but I just can't cook that way very often. I created a sauce using milk & half n' half. Much healthier.
Cajun Chicken Pasta
Cook Time: 15 Min
Ready In: 30 Min
* 12 ounces linguine pasta
* 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips *****
* 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 green bell pepper, chopped
* 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
* 1 small sweet onion
* 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
* 1 green onion, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
* 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
* 3 cups of whipping cream
* 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini pasta, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
2. Meanwhile, place chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl, and toss to coat.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, saute chicken in butter until no longer pink and juices run clear, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions; cook for 2 to 3 minutes. (Alternately you can use per-cooked chicken and add in with the heavy cream. Just cook the veggies with cajun seasoning.)
4. Add whipping cream to chicken and vegetable mixture. Season the sauce with basil and lemon pepper and heat through.
4. In a large bowl, top linguini with sauce. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and green onions.
***** I pre-cook the chicken in the oven (350 for 15-25 minutes depending on the size of your chicken breasts. Season with salt/pepper/garlic. Cook chicken until just done, then quickly pull apart with forks. The chicken will be super moist and tender. Can be done up to a few days before you make this dish.) For this recipe, I cook the veggies with the Cajun seasoning and then toss the cooked chicken in with the veggie mixture, heat through and then add the white sauce.