Super Yum! Great with grilled chicken.
* 1 1/2 cups quinoa (small disk-shaped seeds)*
* 1 1/2 cups cooked black beans, rinsed if canned
* 1 1/2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
* 1 1/2 cups cooked corn (cut from about 2 large ears)
* 3/4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
* 2 pickled jalapeño chilies, seeded and minced (wear rubber gloves)
* 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh coriander
* 5 tablespoons fresh lime juice, or to taste
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, or to taste
* 1/3 cup olive oil
* *available at specialty foods shops and natural foods stores
print a shopping list for this recipe
In a bowl wash quinoa in at least 5 changes cold water, rubbing grains and letting them settle before pouring off most of water, until water runs clear and drain in a large fine sieve.
In a saucepan of salted boiling water cook quinoa 10 minutes. Drain quinoa in sieve and rinse under cold water. Set sieve over a saucepan of boiling water (quinoa should not touch water) and steam quinoa, covered with a kitchen towel and lid, until fluffy and dry, about 10 minutes (check water level in kettle occasionally, adding water if necessary).
While quinoa is cooking, in a small bowl toss beans with vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer quinoa to a large bowl and cool. Add beans, corn, bell pepper, jalapeños, and coriander and toss well.
In a small bowl whisk together lime juice, salt, and cumin and add oil in a stream, whisking.
Drizzle dressing over salad and toss well with salt and pepper to taste. Salad may be made 1 day ahead and chilled, covered. Bring salad to room temperature before serving. Recipe from www.epicurious.com