@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

Friday, February 12, 2010

Get in my Belly! White Chicken Chili

This recipe was given to me by my Aussie friend, Michelle (miss you dearly, love!) It's always a huge hit and so easy I can do it in my sleep!

White Chicken Chili

Serves 4

Ingredients:
2-3 cups grilled chicken (or rotisserie chicken)
2 cans white navy beans or cannolini beans
2 4oz can of white shoepeg corn (or fresh/frozen white corn)
2 4 oz cans of chopped mild green chilies
½ c chopped onion
1 tsp fresh garlic
1 tsp lemon pepper
1 ¾ tsp cumin
2-3 tbsp of lime juice
2 ½ cup chix stock

Directions:
Simmer chicken in chicken stock with spices until cooked through. If using already cooked chicken skip this step. Add all ingredients together and stir occasionally until hot and bubbly. 20 – 30 minutes. Medium heat.

Top chili with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, salsa and grated cheddar or jack cheese. Avocados and cilantro are also fab!

Eat. Then have some more!

(photo credit: Food Network)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this looks delish! (I'm a total Foodie too.)

    Thanks for stopping by at Chrysalis recently. Did you write your "I am From..." poem? If so, I'd love to have the link.

    Blessings,

    e-Mom @ Chrysalis

    ReplyDelete