My bestest best friend, Loring and I became addicted to these in the summer of '04! (Long before I moved back to Seattle and she moved to Uganda!) We had just opened a children's clothing store called Jack & Jill's and we were obsessed with this easy, yummy dinner.
Fresh, light and spicy! I make a corn salsa to go with these and serve with a side of black beans - perfect!
Chicken Cilantro Wraps
1 lb. grilled chicken - shredded or chopped
small flour tortillas (we like them warm)
3 tbsp. mayo (light mayo works too)
3 tbsp. sour cream (light works too)
1 tsp. lime zest
2 tbsp. lime juice
1 seeded, minced jalepeno
1 tsp. garlic
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 c. minced red onion
1/4 chopped cilantro
Mix sauce and add chicken. Put chicken mixture into warmed tortillas and add a scoop or two of corn salsa. Delish!
Bonus recipe: Roasted Corn Salsa
* 4 Ears fresh corn, cut from Cob (or you can use frozen)
* 2 tbsp olive oil
* 5 Ripe tomatoes, (seeded is best)
* 1/2 c Red onion, finely chopped
* 1 Jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (remove seeds for a mild salsa)
* 1 Clove garlic, minced
* 1/2 c Cilantro leaves, chopped
* 3 tbsp. Fresh lime juice, plus
* Salt & freshly ground pepper
1. Place corn & olive oil in a medium-hot skillet stirring often, until about half the kernels are brown, 10-15 minutes. Remove corn from heat and let cool.
2. Combine corn, tomatoes, onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Season to taste with time juice, salt, and pepper. (recipe adapted from Martha Stewart)
(photo: www.nandyala.org & health.com)