@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

Friday, January 29, 2010

Get in My Belly! Spicy Bacon Chicken Skewers

I have catered many Hors d'œuvres receptions and this is BY FAR MY MOST REQUESTED selection. It's legendary. It's so easy and So. Really. Yummy. Good.

Spicy Bacon Chicken Skewers
(sorry no photo for this one - I'm terrible about taking pictures of the food!)

2lb cold bacon cut in half (just by the thin 'cheap' stuff)

1 ¼ lbs. chick breast cut in 1 cubes/strips

2/3 c. brown sugar

2 Tbl. Chipotle Chili powder (I've also used Ancho Chili powder or Cajun Chili powder - Ancho is spicier and Cajun, milder)

Bamboo skewers medium length

Mix brown sugar and chili powder together and set aside. Wrap bacon around chicken and place on skewer. Dredge in sugar mixture and back on a rack (like a cooling rack) over a cookie sheet at 350 for 35 minutes.

That's it.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Um... YUMMMMMMMM. Sign me up!!!!! We adore bacon... now you made me hungry;)

    ReplyDelete