@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Moo...

I am all about the late night snack attack. (oh. that. is. so. cliche.) It's true. What is it about dusk that says chocolate or ice-cream. Or better yet, chocolate and ice-cream?

But, because I've made a life change to be healthier and treat my body as a gift of God (rather than be a slave to my foodie temptations) I don't do late night fatty sugary snacks. (Yum-O)

Enter Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches.


Meet my new best friend. (okay, not my best friend -- she lives in Uganda, but right up there!) These sandwiches are creamy and decadent without destroying the many sit-ups I did today or the miles I ran (huff,puff). I love that they're big and thick. Satisfying. They weigh in at 140 calories, just 2 grams of fat, 3 grams of fiber, and 4 grams of protein.

So thank you Mom Central for giving me this opportunity to savor every last drop of these yummy, low fat treats! And be sure to check out the Skinny Cow website...it's moootivating! (Sorry - bad I know!) But, it's pretty great. Full of great tips on Skinny Livin' and you can sign up to receive news and coupons via their newsletter.
Oh, and for those of you who aren't yet familiar with Mom Central...they rock! I just subscribed to their Food & Healthy Living blog. Lots of great meal ideas and healthy options.
So...what is your favorite treat? I'm giving away a coupon for a free Skinny Cow product...so leave me a comment!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Skinny Cows! :) (Both the ice cream sandwiches and the chocolate ice cream cones.)

    They make me feel special . . . and it makes it easier when the family wants dessert. I just grab a Skinny Cow. LOL.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - Skinny Cow is a great 'treat' that is not guilt inducing. The sandwiches are substantial and I don't feel cheated!

    I also like Pirates Booty for a savory snack. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - Skinny Cow is a great 'treat' that is not guilt inducing. The sandwiches are substantial and I don't feel cheated!

    I also like Pirates Booty for a savory snack. Mmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a definite fan of the Skinny Cow.

    Truth be told, my husband and I are big popcorn fans. We east it a few times a week. It can get boring, however, so we've gotten creative.

    Our new favorite is taco corn. Melt a little butter, sprinkle some salt and taco seasoning, and toss. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete