@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

Monday, April 27, 2009

The Noticer!


What an impressive idea for a book (one of those where you think, WHY didn't I think of that?) and I'm thrilled to introduce you to Andy Andrews book!

I love Andy's challenge to PAY ATTENTION to those God has placed in your life.



Here's the 'official' blurb about the book ... and then I'll share a few of what some of my most admired bloggers NOTICED about someone in their life!

A moving story of common wisdom from the bestselling author of The Traveler’s Gift.

Orange Beach, Alabama is a simple town filled with simple people. But they all have their share of problems – marriages teetering on the brink of divorce, young adults giving up on life, business people on the verge of bankruptcy, and many of the other obstacles that life seems to dish out to the masses.

Fortunately, when things look the darkest – a mysterious old man named Jones has a miraculous way of showing up. Communicating what he calls “a little perspective,” Jones explains that he has been given a gift of noticing things that others miss. In his simple interactions, Jones speaks to that part in everyone that is yearning to understand why things happen and what they can do about it.

Based on a remarkable true story, The Noticer beautifully blends fiction, allegory, and inspiration.

From the book came The Noticer Project:

1. Think of 1-5 people that have made a significant influence on your life.


2. Use this website to write them a note expressing your personal appreciation.


3. Your note will be delivered by email, and will also be publicly available on this website to inspire and encourage others to "notice," important people in their lives.

Wow. How cool is that?

Here are some that I saw: (wipes tears away)

Annie from Annieblogs
Mrs. Spence.
* Mrs. Spence was my 3rd grade teacher. I remember clearly sitting in her classroom and thinking, “If this is what being a teacher is, I wanna do it.” And for five years of teaching, I tried everyday to be like her. We went to lunch about a year ago and I can only pray that in 15 years, I’ll get a call from a student to see if I’m available to grab lunch. Cause that’s proof of a lasting impact.

Michael Hyatt
My wife, Gail.
*We have been married for almost thirty-one years. She is the one who keeps me grounded. She is my best friend, my counselor, and my lover. She is a one-woman cheerleading squad. Without her constant nurturing and support, I’m confident I would have accomplished very, very little in my life.

Billy Coffey from What I learned Today
Allison.
*To this day I don’t know Allison’s last name, mostly because I was too shy to ask and partly because we only spoke once for about ten seconds. But God introduced us just as we were both living our lowest moments because we each needed what the other could give, and I’ll never forget her. And if you want to read that story, it’s here.

Go here to read more!

Buy the book here!

1 comment:

  1. Wow Amy, thanks for the shout out!

    I'm getting this book today, and I can't wait to start reading it. Andy's a great writer, and I loved The Traveler's Gift.

    Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete