@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happily Ever After by Marilynn Griffith

This week's CFBA selection is this funny little gem of a book. Just perfect for all of you ladies (and I'm sure a few of you men--of which I'm sure do not read my blog) who are facing THE resolution this January. You know THAT resolution...the one about snugger jeans and someone named Will Power!

I know I could loose 10 (20) pounds...but we're not talking about me here, we're talking about Marilynn's new book! I really enjoyed this quick read, and unfortunately I could totally relate to Tracey's obsession about her weight. It's something I've always struggled with...I LOVE FOOD! I am a (part time) caterer and love to try out new recipes, but I'm also frugal and just HATE for fabulous food to go to waste. Painful. I often tell my friends that if I just stopped finishing my children's food for them, I could easily lose 10 pounds!

But, then there are the new foods and recipes that the picky (fabulous) little ones don't like...I of course need to eat their portions too. (NO, not all in one sitting).

And...don't forget about eating out. Restaurants are always a good excuse for making exceptions and eating just one more bite.

Anyway...you can see my dilemma.

What it all boils down to is that gluttony is a sin and needs to be dealt with accordingly. Like hiding it under a baggy shirt and pair of jeans. (Seriously-I jest)!

And that obsessing about our weight is really just so pointless. It is such a distraction from all those other things that REALLY do matter.

Whoops...okay, finished...on to Marilynn's book!

About the Book: Superwoman doesn't live here!

I marry a gorgeous executive, have a baby, lose all the weight (most of it), and move to a fine house in the suburbs with a welcoming new church. Wait...did I say welcoming?

One teeny waaah! and new mothers and their crying babies are exiled to a separate room. At least there's some enlightening conversation. Like about my husband and issues I didn't even know about!

And then there's my aptly named mother-in-law, Queen Elizabeth, who can't stand me.

I'm about to lose my mind! So it's high time for a visit to the Sassy Sistahood for some much-needed advice about men, marriage and motherhood!

The Sassy Sistahood: They get by with a little help from their friends.

About Marilynn: Marilynn Griffith is mom to a tribe, wife to a deacon and proof that God gives second chances. While best known for her colorful novels about friendship, family and faith, Marilynn is also a speaker and nonfiction writer.

Her nonfiction has been included in CHICKEN SOUP FOR THE CHRISTIAN WOMAN'S SOUL and several other devotionals and magazines. Currently, Marilynn is editor of the SISTAHFAITH:BELIEVING BEYOND SHAME anthology. She is also the founder of Faithchick.com, a blog for faith fiction readers.

Marilynn is the author of six novels dealing with issues such as teen pregnancy, AIDS, abstinence, stress relief, single parenting and marriage. Her recent fiction titles include TANGERINE and IF THE SHOE FITS.

Marilynn has served as Vice President and Publicity Officer of American Christian Fiction Writers. She speaks to youth, women and writers about believing beyond boundaries and daring to reach dreams.

Marilynn lives in Florida with her husband and seven children whom she taught at home for seven years. When not chasing toddlers, helping with homework or trying to find her husband a clean shirt, she can be found scribbling furiously on her next novel.

To book Marilynn for media interviews, speaking engagements, Serious Fun fiction parties or book club call-ins, please contact her through her WEBSITE.

Read an excerpt of Happily Ever After

Buy the book here

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting!

    blessings,
    marilynn

    ReplyDelete