@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

@sprightlyamyanne Instagram photos

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day

Love is in the air!

Well, I don't know about that, but here are some good things from the past week!

1. I found out my friend Kim is pregnant with her 8th (yes eight!) baby. She is pleased as punch!

2. I found out my cousing Jodie is pregnant with her first. I'm going to be an auntie...okay I know not technically, but that's okay!

3. Free pancakes. Seriously, check it out...IHOP

4. I found this quote from Charles Spurgeon’s devotional book Morning and Evening:

We ought not to court publicity for our virtue, or notoriety for our zeal; but, at the same time, it is a sin to be always seeking to hide that which God has bestowed upon us for the good of others. A Christian is not to be a village in a valley, but “a city set upon a hill” ; he is not to be a candle under a bushel, but a candle in a candlestick, giving light to all. Retirement may be lovely in its season, and to hide one’s self is doubtless modest, but the hiding of Christ in us can never be justified, and the keeping back of truth which is precious to ourselves is a sin against others and an offence against God … To speak for God will be refreshing to ourselves, cheering to saints, useful to sinners, and honouring to the Saviour. Amen.

5. My best friend Loring left this morning on a short term mission trip to Uganda, check it out: www.easthaven.blogspot.com! She will be sharing the Gospel to teens and youth! Awesome!

I'd love to hear what's lovey/dovey in your life...





1 comment:

  1. I think this is a wonderful idea, but I am too tired to do my own! I just finished my first 40 hour workweek and I am now ready for pizza & a video!
    Love you,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete